I saw a friend post one of my favorite quotes yesterday and it made me smile. I have so many favorites and wanted to share a few of them with you. I hope they make you smile.
- “Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.” ~ Unknown – This one really resonates with me because it has happened so many times in my life. I have had my share of hard times but after each one I come back stronger than I was before.
- “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~ Dr Suess – I think this is so very true. People who “truly” care about you and love you will still love you no matter what you say or how you act. Believe me I know this to be a fact. I’ve tested this out too many times to count. I love it. And I love Dr Suess.
- “I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.” ~ Unknown – I really have experienced this first hand lately.
- “Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.” ~ Randall G. Leighton – I have always believed this and thank goodness when I dance no one “is” watching.
- “Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer.” ~ Erica Jong – I think this is so spot on. We just need someone to confirm what we are already thinking. I do this a lot. I ask my friends what they think and I know what they will say before I ask them. I do know who to ask and who not to ask on specific subjects. LOL..
- “Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.” ~ John F. Kennedy – Believe me I know their names…I have a list.
- “You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.” ~ Unknown – I think this is very true and have seen it happen to people I know. I love to play!
- “If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun.” ~ Katherine Hepburn – I love this quote and I loved Katherine! I have disobeyed a few rules in my lifetime and it was worth every minute. Maybe I will share a few in a future post. Get ready..
- “Never regret something that makes you smile.” ~ Unknown – Kind of goes hand in hand with number 8. I have very few regrets in my life, but things that made me smile sure aren’t one of them. And I have a question, why don’t we know who said so many of the quotes that are out there? Just a thought I had while posting these.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did.” ~ Mark Twain – This is a great quote and one I have tried to live by. I have a few more on my bucket list but I am checking them off one by one.
- “You can be Gorgeous at thirty, Charming at forty and Irresistible the rest of your life. ~ Coco Chanel – She also said, “A woman with good shoes is never ugly.” Thank goodness I always wear good shoes. I do love shoes! And boots..
- “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and never give up.” ~ Regina Brett – You all know how much I love this one. I use it quite a bit and did a whole post on it a while back.
- “What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about.” ~ Unknown, but Larry Laprise wrote the Hokey Pokey in 1948 ( a little trivia for you) The first time I saw this was on the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland, I cracked up and it continues to make me laugh every time I see it. My daughter bought me a sign with this on it so I see it quite a bit.
- “Don’t date guys who wear turtlenecks.” ~ Renee Stambaugh – My friends and family laugh at this one, but think about it…
- “When you are perfect, you can worry about everyone else. But you will never be perfect so you don’t need to worry.” ~ Renee Stambaugh – My Mom said something similar to me, I have said this to my kids and now they are saying it to their kids. My grandson said it to his brother last time we were together and my heart nearly burst. They really do hear you..
I always close with a quote and a question, so here is my quote and it’s another one from me. “When you are faced with a problem and are stressed about it, ask yourself this, when you are 90 and sitting in your rocker on your front porch will this matter..”
What is your favorite all time quote and why?
31 thoughts on “My Favorite Quotes About Life”
Love this …gotta THINK and come back later. Head so stuffed up I’m not thinking straight. Loved Dunjas quote 🙂
Thank you Susie! Feel better!
Well you know I’m a quote girl. I use it for inspiration and motivation in my day to day, all the time. My favorite quote is and always will be — What You Think About, You Bring About – and actually I said it. It’s a variation of one from “the Secret” but it’s entirely true. Our success or failure is entirely a result of what we THINK about each day. I of course, love Dr. Seuss too and love the one you shared. You picked some of my faves. Great post Renee. Proud to know you and share inspiration!! <3 Caressa
Thank you Caressa! And I do know you love quotes too! I love the ones you post everyday!
I love them all but, 2,8,15 favorite. Thanks for the blog
Thank you Sharon! Glad you like it and thanks for commenting!
What a lovely collection of quotes. There are many great quotes here and your stories about them are are interesting. I’m partial to the Mark Twain quotes 🙂
Thank you so much Rosemary! ! love Mark Twain too!
Funny and interesting quotes. Some I actually use and agree with 🙂
Thank you Rosi!
We say this one at work a lot: “It is what it is” . So deal with it and shut up! Also when I was younger and at my Grandma’s house, she would say “It’ll get better before you’re married”, meaning shake it off (unless it’s life-threatening, of course!)
Vicki, I hate that “it is what it is” quote…a boss used to say that constantly and it really irritated me..LOL..and my Grandma said that other too!
This is my favorite one “Never regret something that makes you smile.” It doesn’t matter if it is different from what people usually like. Embrace being unique and follow your heart!
Exactly! and thank you for commenting Zaria!
Very nice quotes! I specially liked that you included some quotes with humor in them
Thank you so much! We all need a little humor in our lives!
These are excellent, and really show your heart 🙂 I love it! Two of my favorites may seem a little conflicting, lol… “All that is required for evil to triumph is for a good (wo)man to do nothing” and “Not my circus, not my monkeys.” The former motivates me to make a difference when I can, and the second reminds me that sometimes it’s okay to raise my hands and back away slowly. 😉
Katie, Thank you so much for you kind comments. And I love “not my circus, not my monkeys” too! the other one is great as well and fits so many times…
Another great read Renee! Loved them all and I added one to my share!
The bitter or better one your friend shared sticks in my head as a life lesson.
Jake has “Do onto others…, taped to their frig and we just talked about it yesterday.
These saying just have a way of sticking. So happy for you that you are writing away as you’ve wanted to do and have a plethora of ideas to share!
Thank you Joanie so much! You have been very supportive of my writing and I do appreciate it so much!
Lovely post, and some fab quotes. One of my most favourite quotes is: “don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long. And in the end, it’s only with yourself.” – Baz Luhrmann. Baz Luhrmann’s song, Sunscreen is a gold mine of brilliant quotes. I also love Rudyard Kipling’s If. As a mother of two boys, I’m planning to have a framed print of it in my house soon.
I love quotes and use one to end all of my blog posts… thank you so much for your comments Caroline!
Loved this collection. I tweeted it with the Mark Twain quote (my favorite from this collection).
Cherish, thank you so much!!!! I love Mark Twain quotes!
Yes, he was definitely a wise man!
Love those quotes! My favorite ones are #1, #10 and #15. “I don’t get bitter i juat get better” is my favorite one in the moment and my motto 🙂
I love that one Dunja! Thank you for sharing!
I like all these, Renee!! I only have a couple (that I can remember). These are two that my parents used to impress on us when we were kids & I’ve passed them along to my grandchildren & they DO actually remember them. ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you’ and ‘If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all’.
Still loving your topics! Don’t know how you think of all of them but you do!! Keep it up cause I love wondering what’s coming next!! 🙂
Thank you Dinah! I love those as well…my parents said them. And I have a lot more to come…
What a great way to start a Friday! There are some great ones in here. I have a soft spot for Dr. Seuss quotes like the one you posted 🙂
Thank you Mary! Glad you enjoyed them and thank you for commenting!