Seriously, it’s dangerous…
This is meant to be funny, so don’t get all excited and think I am giving you the go ahead to stop exercising. I’m not! But here are some very good reasons why maybe you should. Or at least why I should…
- I have been faithfully exercising at least 5 days a week for over a year now. Cardio, weights, sit-ups, lunges, planks, hula hooping and walking…and guess what? I’ve gained weight and added a few inches. So if I didn’t exercise would I be skinny and fit in all my old clothes? Not sure, but it might be worth a try.
- I am really feeling great and so I am thinking ok, maybe it is worth it and all this exercise stuff must be working. Think again, I did some gardening for a couple hours last week and my body hurt for 3 days afterward. So why bother exercising if you are still going to hurt after a little gardening?
- I am spending way too much money on cute work out clothes. I needed a jacket for walking that would whisk away the perspiration…at least that is what the tag said it would do. You have to look good while exercising, that is evident by all the fashionistas I walk by every day. You can’t just wear any old thing while walking and please, can I just say this now…”say no to sweatpants!” And of course you can’t just have one pair of sneakers. I needed to go buy another pair because you shouldn’t wear the same ones every single day. I mean this is a known health thing, right?
- I am trying to eat healthier due to all this exercising. So I decided to give up potato chips and snacks. I KNOW, right? How can someone be expected to give up potato chips? I think I may have to buy some soon, as I think this may be affecting the economy. I honestly don’t want to hurt any local company by my non support of their product.
- I was hula hooping the other day and dropped the hoop and then fell over it. I could have broken a leg or arm or something. How is this even good for you?
- Also while hula hooping I broke 2 nails. Are you seeing a problem here with this hula hooping thing? It is dangerous and maybe I should just stop while I’m still alive.
- I do oil pulling(will do a post on this at another time) while exercising some days to save time. On one such day I had to sneeze while doing the oil pulling, but held it in. You really shouldn’t hold in a sneeze. This is not good for your health at all. I think it could damage your brain.
- Squats make your knees crack and hurt. Nuff said..
- If I got too fit and skinny I would have to go buy a whole new wardrobe. Wait, how is this a negative?
- I am using way too much water taking more showers and doing my hair more often. Well, this may not be a valid reason, I think I am taking the same amount as I was before I started exercising. But it sounded like a good reason and I needed one more.
So there you have it..ten reasons or good excuses to stop exercising. But, I have a couple good reasons to keep doing it too. My grandson and I have plank contests when we are together and sometimes I win. So there’s that! And I have a group of girlfriends that chat every day on Facebook and we give gold stars to each other when we complete our exercise for the day. I wouldn’t want to let them down. So I guess I will keep doing this exercise thing…however I may have a few potato chips with lunch afterward.
I read this quote below the other day, and it made me laugh. I did Google it to see who wrote it but couldn’t find anything. So if you are by some chance reading this and you wrote it, let me know and I’ll give you credit.
“Losing weight makes you look good in clothes, exercising makes you look better naked.” Since no one ever sees me naked, maybe I can stop.. But then again in reality I guess I exercise so I feel better and also so I can eat chips…and ice cream…and..