I think I am..no, I know I am…
I woke up early this morning due to the sun shining brightly in my eyes…this time of the year the sun comes bursting in my room earlier and earlier and tricks me into thinking its time to get up. But I don’t want to get up, I want to sleep. I want to sleep so I don’t have to think. Because then I have to make decisions about my life and my future and I’m having trouble doing that. I try desperately for a half hour to go back to sleep but the sun is shining and the thoughts keep coming. So I just get up.
There are so many decisions to be made and I wish someone else could just make them for me. I don’t want to make anymore decisions. I’m 68, shouldn’t my decision making days be over…guess not! And so having said that…I still have to make some. Where am I going to live? What am I going to do to make money to live where I want to live? Do I wait or do I put the house on the market now? What am I waiting for? What do I really want to do with the next 20 good years I have left? I think I know the answers to these questions…I think I have it all figured out and then..poof…I don’t. I start to doubt myself and what I want. How do I know its what I really want? How do I know I should do what my soul is telling me to do? Is that even practical? Do I have to be practical? I have to make some decisions….but…I can’t! How do I stop being “stuck”…
I always post quotes about whatever subject I am blogging about and when I searched today for some, so many came up that spoke to me I decided to share them with you. We all have times when we are just “stuck”…maybe these will help.
Top Ten Quotes About Being Stuck
1. “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.” ~ Wayne W. Dyer
2. “Growth is painful…Change is painful…But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” ~ Mandy Hale
3. “The only difference between a rut and a grave are the dimensions.” ~ Ellen Glasgow
4. “But there was a difference between being stuck and choosing to stay. Between being found and finding yourself.” ~ Martina Boone
5. “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, and all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.” ~ Unknown
6. “Now when she felt stuck, she would just remind herself that in life you often have to take one step back in order to move forward.” ~ Queenisms
7. “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” ~ Haran Yahya
8. “Whenever I have found myself stuck in the ways I relate to things, I return to nature. It’s my principal teacher, and I try to open my whole being to what it has to say.” ~ Wayne Bullock
9. “One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain.” ~ Rick Godwin
10. “Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.” ~ John Wayne
All of these quotes are great and really struck a cord in one way or another. The “return to nature” quote is something I try to do often and I get most of my best ideas and thoughts when I do this. It was on the beach in the Outer Banks last month that I heard the voice speak to me and tell me this is where I needed to be. Sometimes you know where you want to be, you just don’t know how to get there….
I saw this quote below and while it didn’t really speak to the issues at hand, it did speak to me…
“My worst nightmare is being stuck somewhere with nothing to read.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver (Me too Barbara, me too!)